Universal Networks International continues to build on its multi-million dollar investment announced at MIPCOM in October, which sees the brands deliver new original, first-run content targeted at local audiences around the globe.
Eleanor McBrien, VP Global Marketing, Universal Networks International, said: “This is an incredibly exciting stage in the evolution of our business and our new core brands represent the equity and heritage of our parent company Universal.”
Each channel name and logo has been newly designed to build upon the parent company’s Universal equity and heritage:
- Universal Channel is a flagship entertainment channel, with world class shows, characters and stories that connect on a deeper level.
- 13th STREET Universal deals in drama from the world of crime and suspense, with danger and intrigue at every twist and turn.
- Syfy Universal is the original science fiction and fantasy channel, offering a broad range of imagination-based entertainment.
- Diva Universal is a women’s entertainment channel that celebrates living life fully, with a feel-good mix of great drama, escapism and sassy reality shows.
- Studio Universal shares the world’s favourite movies and the stories behind them.
London-based DixonBaxi created the brand identity and on-air presentation of Studio Universal; 13th STREET and Diva UNIVERSAL, while Heavenly has undertaken the design work for the five new channel logos, the brand identity of Universal Channel and the portfolio strategy.